1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
NOTE: The host can skip through the opening credit sequence by pressing the Start button when the credits begin.
1. The host taps on "Multiplayer" (the second option from the top) or presses down on the direction pad (to highlight "Multiplayer") and then presses the "A" button.
2. The host taps on "DS Download Play" (the third option from the top) or presses down on the direction pad twice (to highlight "DS Download Play") and then presses the "A" button.
3. The game will ask, "Enable DS Wireless Communications?" Tap "Yes".
4. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
6. When the graphic bar appears saying "Age Of Empires: Mythologies", the guest taps on it.
7. The guest's DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software?" Tap "Yes".
(There are no selectable options; both players will play as Heracles, son of Zeus and a Light Infantry Hero.)
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Basic Touch & Button Controls:
1a. Select a unit (or building): tap on the desired unit (or building).
NOTE: To unselect the current unit, tap the back arrow in the bottom left corner of the lower screen.
1b. View detailed information on the highlighted unit (or building): press the "Y" button.
1c. Cycle through available units: press the "R" button.
1d. Move a unit: tap on the desired destination (it must be pulsing red to be eligible), double tap to confirm the selection, then tap "Done" to finilize the move.
NOTE: A move can be undone by tapping "Undo Move" instead of tapping "Done".
1e. Build a building: Select an Architect and then tap on any square that is highlighted blue; then tap "Build" on the pop-up Action Menu.
1f. Look around the World Map: drag the map around by touching it and moving the stylus around without lifting it from the screen.
1g. Bring up a mini field map: press and hold the "L" button.
1h. Train a new unit: tap on your own Town Center, Archery Range, Barracks, Shrine Of Zeus, or Stable and tap "Train".
1i. Open the Empire Menu: tap on any empty square on the board.
NOTE: "Goals" & "Scoring" are not available in this mode. Only the host can effect the "Options" & "Quit" choices. Both players can choose to end their day.
2. Access the Scroll Menu (tap on the scroll in the bottom right corner of the lower screen to unfurl the scroll and access the scroll menu):
2a. Sun Icon: Tap this icon to end the current day (turn).
2b. Unit Selection Icon: Cycle through all available units. (Units already used this turn are unavailable.)
2c. Quill Icon: Access the Empire Menu.
2d. Map Icon: Access the World Map.
2e. Unit Information Icon: View detailed information on the highlighted unit (or building).
3. Access the Unit Menu (tap on an available unit/one that hasn't been used yet this turn):
3a. Attack: Available as an option when near an attackable target.
3b. Build: Available as an option for architect units on the right squares.
3c. Capture: Available as an option when a unit is on a temple.
3d. Demolish: Available as an option when on a demolishable building.
3e. Done: Always available to end a unit's actions for the current turn.
3f. Repair: Available as an option when on a damaged building.
3g. Undo Move: Available as an option as an alternative to confirming a unit's movement.
4. Access the Building Menu (tap on an available building/one that isn't in use):
4a. Cancel: Always available to exit the Building Menu.
4b. God Power: Available as an option for a Shrine Of Zeus.
4c. Train: Available as an option for buildings that can train new units.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, information about the highlighted square/unit/building is displayed.
2. On the upper screen, the current day (number) is displayed in the center of the screen, between the left and right columns.
3. On the upper screen, the amount of Food availailable (and the amount currently being earned each turn) are displayed in the bottom left corner.
4. On the upper screen, the amount of Gold availailable (and the amount currently being earned each turn) are displayed the the right of the amount of the food.
5. On the upper screen, the amount of Favor availailable (and the amount currently being earned each turn) are displayed the the right of the amount of the gold.
6. On the upper screen, the number of warriors (non-architects) available (out of a maximum 30) is displayed in the bottom right corner.
7. On the lower screen, the main map (the map that can be affected by actions and decisions) is displayed.
1. Defeat all opposing units and destroy all opposing buildings. (Conquest Victory)
2. Control both temples unopposed for several days. (Temple Control Victory)
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Age Of Empires: Mythologies profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.