1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
1. The host taps "Multiplayer" twice (the second option from the top).
2. The host taps "Single-Card Play" twice (the bottom option).
3. The default level is "Dock 26". To change to the "Cargo Bay" level, the host would tap the left or right arrows on the left/right edges of the lower screen.
4. The host then taps the check mark in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
5. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
6. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
7. When the graphic bar appears saying "Call Of Duty 4", the guests tap on it.
8. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
9. When the host's DS lists the names of all guests trying to connect on the upper screen, the host taps the check mark in the bottom right corner of the screen.
10. When the download is complete, the guests each press the "A" button when they're ready to play.
11. When all guests have pressed the "A" button, the host taps the check mark in the bottom right corner of the screen to begin the game.
(The only selectable option pre-game is the level, which has been selected above.)
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Movement - Walk Forward: Press up on the direction pad or press the "X" button.
2. Movement - Walk Backward: Press down on the direction pad or press the "B" button.
3. Movement - Walk Left: Press left on the direction pad or press the "Y" button.
4. Movement - Walk Right: Press right on the direction pad or press the "A" button.
5. Movement - Turning & Looking: Move the stylus around the lower screen in the direction you wish to look/turn in.
6. Weapons - Firing: Press the "L" button or the "R" button.
7. Weapons - Select A Gun: Touch the stylus to the gun on the left edge of the lower screen, drag the stylus (without lifting it) to the desired gun, then lift the stylus.
8. Weapons - Select Grenades: Touch the stylus to the picture of the grenade in the bottom left corner of the screen.
9. Sniping: Double-tap the lower screen. This is only available when you're equipped with a gun. While sniping, you walk slower.
10. Computers: To activate a computer, walk up to the computer and tap the hand icon that appears in the top left corner of the lower screen.
10a. When a player activates Computer A, they have the map. After activating Computer A, that player can activate Computer B and get the radar.
10b. Only one player can have a map at a time. A player cannot activate Computer B before activating Computer A.
10c. If a player has the map (or the map and the radar) and another player activates Computer A, the first player loses the map (and radar) and the new player gets the map).
10d. If a player has the map and the radar and another player activates Computer B, the first player loses the radar, but the second player gets nothing.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the targeting reticule will always be located in the center of the screen.
2. On the upper screen, the amount of ammo remaining for the currently highlighted gun is displayed in the bottom right corner (whether you're equipped with the gun or grenades).
3. On the lower screen, the direction in which you're looking is displayed along the top edge of the screen.
4. On the lower screen, the locations of the computers are displayed as yellow circles along the directional guide and as white boxes on the map below.
5. On the lower screen, the grenade option (along with the number of remaining grenades) is in the bottom left corner.
6. On the lower screen, the gun options are located along the left edge of the screen directly above the the grenade option.
7. On the lower screen, the hand icon (when available) is in the top left corner of the screen (above the gun options).
8. On the lower screen, the map is located on the right 80% of the screen after the first computer is activated.
1. Be the first player to ten kills.
3. Get the map and the radar.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.