1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. If this is the first time the game has been played, its game profile must be created.
3a. The default name ("PLAYER") can be erased by tapping six times on the back arrow (in the to right corner of the lower screen's keypad).
3b. Enter a name by tapping on the keypad (or accept the default name) and then tap "OK" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
4. When "Touch To Start" appears on the lower screen, the host taps anywhere on the lower screen.
1. The host taps on "Versus" (the middle bar - the third of five).
2. The host taps on "Versus Dash" (the bottom bar)
3. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Cartoon Network Racing", the guests tap on it.
6. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. After all guests have successfully downloaded the information, the host can tap on "Play" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
1. The character selection screen will have twenty (20) character tiles in a 5x4 grid, but only the first six will be accessable.
2. To select a character, each player taps on the character they wish to race as.
3. When a player has selected a character, that character is removed from other players' character selection screens.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Accelerate: Press the "A" button.
2. Brake/Reverse: Press the "B" button.
3. Steering: Press left or right on the direction pad.
4. Pick Up Items: Drive into a question mark block to pick it a random item.
5. Use An Item: Press the "L" button.
6. Power Slide: Press the "R" button while pressing left or right on the direction pad.
7. Jump Start: Press the "A" button when the pre-race countdown begins, release the "A" button for a half second between 2 and 1, and then press the "A" button again.
8. Sling Shot: Stay close behind another racer (inside their slipstream) for a couple seconds to receive a Sling Shot speed boost.
9. Cartoon Power: Press the "X" button after picking up three stars from around the racetrack.
10. Pause The Game: Press the Start button.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, your current ranking will be displayed in the top left corner.
2. On the upper screen, your current lap number (and progress within the current lap) are displayed in the top right corner.
3. On the upper screen, the item you're holding (if any) will be visually depicted in the bottom left corner.
4. On the upper screen, the racetrack immediately ahead of your racer will be shown.
5. On the lower screen, the current racing time will be displayed in the top left corner.
6. On the lower screen, all players' rankings will be listed on the left side of the screen.
7. On the lower screen, a visual depiction of each racer's location will be on the right side of the screen.
2. Hinder opponents' attempts to win.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Cartoon Network Racing profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.