1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "Press Start" appears on the lower screen, the host taps anywhere on the lower screen.
Downloading & Game/Feature/Options Selection
1. The host taps "Wireless Match Mode" (the third option from the top) twice.
2. An options screen will appear to the host with the following settings to choose... (Tap the choice in blue to change it.)
2a. Rule Set: Normal (default), King, Goal, Random
2b. Time Per Move: 05 sec., 10sec. (Default), 30sec., No Limit
2c. Rounds (#R): 1R, 3R (default), 5R
2d. Map Size: Small (Default), Big, Normal, Random
2e. NOTE: King Rules require a Big Map and Goal Rules require a Normal Map.
2f. When the options are set, the host taps "OK" (the second option from the bottom).
3. To initiate the wireless connection, the host then taps "YES" in the box that pops up on the lower screen.
4. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
6. When the graphic bar appears saying "Chameleon", the guest taps on it.
7. The guest's DS system will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
8. When the host's DS says "Do you want to start a wireless match?" above the pop-up box, the host taps "Yes" in the center of the screen.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Each player will begin with one piece (located in opposite corners of the playing field - bottom left / top right).
2. Each turn, players will change the color of their piece by touching one of the colors on the color bar.
3. The color bar features black, red, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, and magenta. The colors the two players currently occupy will be blocked off.
4. A player selects a new color by tapping the desired color twice or by moving the highlighting marks left and right, then pressing the "A" button to select the color.
5. When the new color is selected, two things happen...
5a. All pieces already controlled by the player change to that color.
5b. All neutral (uncontrolled) pieces that border that player's controlled area and match the newly-selected color come under that player's control.
6. To use a special ability, players tap the star button (near the left center of the screen) on their turn.
6a. Special abilities of the characters have different effects.
6b. To utilize a special ability, a player must have at least one filled star (located near the top left corner of the lower screen).
6c. Each player begins with one filled star and can fill additional stars by capturing spaces with stars in them (Item Tiles).
7. To look at the background, players tap above the color bar. They can then touch the playing field and drag it around.
8. To return the color bar, players tap the hexagon button (near the left center of the screen) on their turn.
9. To view the entire playing field on the upper screen, players tap the chameleon button (near the left center of the screen) on their turn.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, your opponent's win/loss indicator spots fill in gold to indicate a win in the top left corner of the screen.
2. On the upper screen, your opponent's character portrait is displayed beneath their win/loss indicator.
3. On the upper screen, the percentage of the playing field controlled by your opponent is displayed along the left side of the screen.
4. On the upper screen, the number of filled in stars (for special moves) is displayed near the bottom left corner of the screen.
5. On the lower screen, your win/loss indicator spots fill in gold to indicate a win in the bottom left corner of the screen.
6. On the lower screen, your character portrait is displayed above your win/loss indicator.
7. On the lower screen, the percentage of the playing field you control is displayed along the left side of the screen.
8. On the lower screen, the number of filled in stars (for special moves) is displayed near the top left corner of the screen.
9. On the lower screen, the hexagon button (to bring up the color bar) is located above the right side of your character portrait.
10. On the lower screen, the star button (to activate special moves) is located above the hexagon button.
11. On the lower screen, the chameleon button (to view the entire playing field) is located above the star button.
1. Normal Rules: Cpature 51% of the playing field.
2. King Rules: Capture the most king tiles, either 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5, by being the first player to capture six spaces connected to the king spaces.
3. Goal Rules: Capture the space with the flag in it.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Chameleon profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.