1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
NOTE: To skip the opening sequence, tap the lower screen when the Chocobo tracks appear.
3. When the upper screen has the words "Touch The Chocobo" on it, tap anywhere on the lower screen.
4. If this is the first time the game is played, a save file must be created.
4a. Tap either gray "New Game" block on the lower screen.
4b. Enter a name for the file (up to eight characters) by tapping on the characters on the lower screen.
4c. When the name has been entered, tap "Confirm" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
5. If there is already a save file, tap on the save file.
1. The host taps on "Send" on the lower screen (the middle option on the bottom row).
2. The host then taps on "Send Microgame" (the top option).
3. The host then selects which game ("Bomberwall" or "Cheese Chase" or "Job Juggler") they want to send by tapping on its name.
4. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
6. When the graphic bar appears saying "Chocobo Tales", the guests tap on it.
7. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
8. When the host's DS says that the correct number of guests is connected, the host taps "Proceed" in the bottom right corner of the screen.
1. The only available option is which game to send a demo for.
2. To select a game, the host taps on the name of the game they wish to send.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. When the game begins, a giant rock wall comprised of a 5x5 grid will appear on the lower screen.
2. In one of the squares, an arrow (single, double, or triple) will appear and will point up, down, left, or right.
3. The arrow's quantity and direction indicate the location of the next block to tap.
4. If the arrow is a single arrow, tap the block immediately next to it in the direction it is indicating.
5. If the arrow is a double arrow, tap the second block away in the direction it is indicating (skip over one).
6. If the arrow is a triple arrow, tap the third block away in the direction it is indicating (skip over two).
7. If a wrong block is tapped, a monster will attack.
8. Follow this pattern until the golden crown is uncovered, indicating the end of the round.
9. At the end of third round, the game is complete and the time it took to complete the game will be compared to the best time since being downloaded.
1. When the game begins, Chip will be shown on the lower screen holding onto five balloons.
2. Pieces of cheese in bubbles and Chocolings (enemies) will be traveling from one side of the screens to the other in one of six rows.
3. The goal is for Chip to collect as much cheese as possible.
4. To make Chip fly up, blow into the microphone.
5. To let Chip descend, stop blowing into the microphone.
6. Chip will only move up and down, not left and right, and is entirely controlled using the microphone.
7. If Chip comes in contact with a Chocoling in any way, the balloons will all pop and the game is over.
1. 22 characters (job classes) will be displayed on the lower screen.
2. One at a time, characters will quickly jump from the right side of the upper screen to the left side of the upper screen.
3. Each character will be on screen for about one second, moving the entire time.
4. Pay close attention to the jumping character and identify them.
5. Tap the matching picture on the lower screen.
6. Over the course of 60 seconds, the curtain on the upper screen will close to allow only a two pixel viewable width.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the game's name is displayed.
2. On the upper screen, the best time to completion since the game was downloaded is displayed beneath the game's name.
3. On the lower screen, the rock wall is displayed.
4. On the lower screen, the current time elapsed is displayed in the top right corner of the screen.
1. On the lower screen, the high score (since the download) is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. On the lower screen, the current score is displayed above the high score.
1. On the upper screen, the jumping character will jump from the right side of the screen to the left of the screen as the curtains close.
2. On the upper screen, the high score (since the download) is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. On the upper screen, the current score is displayed above the high score.
4. On the lower screen, the 22 characters (job classes) will be displayed.
2. Don't stray off course.
3. Complete the task as quickly as possible.
4. Don't encounter enemies.
2. Don't touch Chocolings.
1. Observe the jumping character/job class.
2. Tap the image of the same character/job class on the lower screen.
3. Maintain 100% accuracy as long as is possible.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.