1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
NOTE: The host can skip through the opening credits sequence by pressing the "A" button.
1. The host taps on "Wireless" (the third option from the top).
2. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
3. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
4. When the graphic bar appears saying "Jewel Quest Expeditions", the guests tap on it.
5. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
6. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host taps "Play" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
1. There are three different game modes to select. Each game mode has it's own unique board design, goal, and time limit.
2. To select any of the following game modes, the host taps on their name....
2a. Game Mode #1 - Points
2a1. Primary Goal: Score the most points.
2a2. Time Limit: 1 minute 40 seconds
2a3. Board Design: 7x7 square
2b. Game Mode #2 - Gold Grab
2b1. Primary Goal: Be the first player to turn the board gold.
2b2. Time Limit: 2 minutes 10 seconds
2b3. Board Design: (5 rows of 9) above (1 row of 7) above (1 row of 5)
2c. Game Mode #3 - Buried
2c1. Primary Goal: Be the first player to uncover the all buried gems.
2c2. Time Limit: 1 minute 30 seconds
2c3. Board Design: (1 row of 9) above (3 rows of 11) above (1 row of 9) above (1 row of 7) above (1 row of 5) above (1 row of 3) above (1 row of 1)
2c4. The two buried blocks are the first and last blocks on the row of 7.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. In Jewel Quest Expeditions, pieces will be moved one space up, down, left, or right in order to create a chain of three or more in a row, which are then removed.
2. To move a piece, touch the piece with the stylus.
3. Without lifting the stylus from the screen, drag the piece the to the desired adjacent spot.
4. If there are now three (or more) in a row, they will all be removed, the background will change to gold, and more chains may be created and removed automatically.
5. In Buried mode... Some of the jewels will be encased in rock and their identities are unknown.
6. In Buried mode... To reveal their identity, a 3+ chain of jewels must be made where one of the chain is the jewel encased in rock (without knowning what it is).
7. In Buried mode... A crack in the rock will then reveal the identity of the hidden jewel.
8. In Buried mode... Include the still partially hidden jewel in another chain of three or more to remove all remaining rock bits.
What To Look For
1. For all game modes: On the upper screen, the players' names are listed on the left side of the screen.
2. For Points mode: On the upper screen, the players' current point totals are listed on the right side of the screen (to the right of their name).
3. For Gold Grab mode: On the upper screen, the players' current gold totals are listed on the right side of the screen (to the right of their name).
4. For Buried mode: On the upper screen, the players' remaining buried jewels are listed on the right side of the screen (to the right of their name).
5. For all game modes: On the upper screen, the amount of the time remaining is diplayed along the bottom edge of the screen (the length of the lion's tongue).
6. For all game modes: On the lower screen, the playable game board is displayed.
1. Points: Score the most points.
2. Gold Grab: Grab the most gold.
3. Gold Grab: Clear the board first.
4. Buried: Discover what's buried in the rock.
5. Buried: Uncover what's buried in the rock first.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Jewel Quest Expeditions profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.