1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
NOTE: The host can skip the opening cinematic by pressing the Start button once the conversation has begun.
3. When "Press START" appears on the lower screen, press the Start button.
4. If this is the first time the game is being played, a game save file must be created.
4a. The host taps "New Game" on the lower screen.
4b. The host can then select from Beginner and Normal difficulty modes by tapping their selection twice.
4c. The host then selects their character; choices include Grey (male) or Ashe (female).
4d. The game's introduction and basic tutorial will now begin.
1. Tap "Mini Game" (the bottom option) twice.
2. "Gem Buster" should already be highlighted a pulsing red.
3. The in-game description is "Sandwich jewels between 2 jewels of the same color to erase them. Combine black blocks with other black blocks. Combinations are possible with falling blocks only *For ad-hoc network play only."
4. Press the "A" button while "Gem Buster" is highlighted in a pulsing red.
5. "Host a match" should be highlighted a pulsing red.
7. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
8. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
9. When the graphic bar appears saying "MEGA MAN Gem Buster Mini Game", the guests tap on it.
10. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
11. When the host's DS says "Opponent found. Press START to begin.", the host presses the Start button.
(There are no selectable options available.)
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Gems will slowly drop from the top of the play area (the lower screen).
2. Gems that are sitting in the pile below can be dragged left and right using the stylus.
3. To drag a gem, touch it with the stylus, move the stylus left or right while the stylus is still making contact with the screen, the lift the stylus from the screen.
4. If a falling gem lands on a sitting gem of the same color, they will both be removed (busted).
5. If a falling gem lands on a pile where the second sitting gem from the top matches the color of the falling gem, all three gems will be busted.
6. To remove black blocks, have falling black blocks land on other black blocks.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the host's combo count, max combo size, score, and victory total is displayed in the far left column.
2. On the upper screen, the guest's combo count, max combo size, score, and victory total is displayed in the far right column.
3. On the lower screen, the host's play field is on the left half of the screen.
4. On the lower screen, the guest's play field is on the right half of the screen.
1. Bust all of your gems.
2. Achieve more triples (3 gems busted) than doubles (2 gems removed).
3. Don't allow any stacks to reach the top of the play field.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Mega Man ZX Advent profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.