1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. To skip the opening sequence, the host can tap "Skip" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
4. The host then taps the lower screen when "Touch To Start" flashes on it.
1. The host taps on the icon for "DS Download Play" (lower level, far right) twice. (It
3. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Monster Bomber", the guests tap on it.
6. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. The host's system will ask "Do you want to host a game?" on the lower screen.
8. The host taps "Yes" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
9. As each player's download begins, their status (displayed on the host's lower screen under their name, on the far right) will keep updating.
10. The status will change from "Recruiting" to "Downloading" to "Preparation OK" when their download is completed.
11. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are "Preparation OK", the host taps "Enter" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
12. The host's system will ask "Start game?" on the lower screen.
13. The host taps "Yes" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
1. The host selects the difficulty to play at.
1a. For Easy (Level 1 / Barrier Strength 100), the host taps the icon on the far left of the lower screen twice.
1b. For Normal (Level 50 / Barrier Strength 75), the host taps the icon second from the left on the lower screen once (it should already be highlighted).
1c. For Hard (Level 100 / Barrier Strength 50), the host taps the icon second from the right on the lower screen twice.
1d. For Very Hard (Level 150 / Barrier Strength 25), the host taps the icon on the far right of the lower screen twice (once it is unlocked).
2. The host then selects the level to play on
2a. Not all of the levels will be available (available levels are lighter and show an image instead of a question mark).
2b. To unlock a level, the host must complete that level while completing a path through Scenario Mode.
2c. Only the lower half of the map will be displayed; to switch to the upper half, tap on the up arrow in the top left corner of the lower screen.
NOTE: To return to the lower half of the map, tap on the down arrow in the bottom left corner of the lower screen.
2d. To select an available level, tap that level twice.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Monster Destruction - Basic: To destroy or reduce the level of a monster, the monster must be hit with a ball of the same color.
2. Monster Destruction - Chain: If a charged shot hits a different colored monster and pushes it into a monster that is the color of the shot, they'll be destroyed.
3. Monster Destruction - Explode: In a Chain attack, if more monsters the color of the shot are behind the pushed pile, they will also be destroyed.
4. Shooting - Basic Shot: Tap in a Stock Pallet (colored area) to shoot a ball of that color straight up.
5. Shooting - Charged Shot: Touch the stylus to a Stock Pallet, drag the ball up into the Shooting Space (silver), and hold it two seconds before lifting the stylus.
6. Shooting - Aimed Shot: Touch the stylus to a Stock Pallet, drag the ball up into the Shooting Space, and draw a line as the stylus is lifted to "throw" the ball.
7. Rainbow Chance: When the Rainbow Gauge (at the bottom center of the lower screen) becomes full, tap it to temporarily make all shots be all colors simultaneously.
8. Pick Up Items: Hit the items with a ball (color does not matter).
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the Field Area (where the monsters appear) is displayed.
2. On the upper screen, your score is in the top center of the screen.
3. On the upper screen, the amount of time elapsed so far is in the top right corner.
4. On the upper screen, the Barrier (which the monsters must get through to attack) is near the bottom edge of the screen.
5. On the upper screen, the Deadzone Area is the area beneath the barrier at the bottom of the upper screen.
5. On the lower screen, the Shooting Space is the silver area in the top half of the screen.
6. On the lower screen, the Stock Pallets are the colored areas beneath the Shooting Space.
7. On the lower screen, the Rainbox Gauge is in the center of the bottom edge of the screen.
8. On the lower screen, the Pause button is in the bottom left corner.
9. On the lower screen, the BGM button (to change the background music) is in the bottom right corner.
1. Outlast your opponent(s).
3. Keep the monster horde at bay (out of the Deadzone Area).
4. Create chain explosions.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Monster Bomber profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.