1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
1. The host taps "2-Player" (the middle option, fourth from the top and bottom).
2. The host taps "Single-Card Play" (the middle option, second from the top and bottom).
3. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Nanostray 2", the guest taps on it.
6. The guest's DS system will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
1. There are two playing modes: "Survivor" mode & "Hi-Score" mode.
2. Survivor mode (the default mode): "Each player has only one life. The player that survives the longest will win the match."
3. Hi-Score mode: "The first player that reaches a score 50,000 wins the match."
4. To switch modes, the host presses up (or down) on the direction pad until the desired mode is highlighted on the upper screen.
5. The host selects the highlighted mode by pressing the "A" button.
6. For confirmation, the game will display the current mode beneath the "Hi-Score" button on the upper screen, with the in-game description.
7. To begin the match, the presses up (or down) on the direction pad until "Start" is highlighted and then presses the "A" button.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Move: Press up, down, left, or right on the direction pad.
2. Shoot: Press the "A" button.
3. Continuously shoot: Press and hold the "A" button.
4. Collect Double-Shot: Shoot out an entire wing of enemies and collect (fly into) the glowing blue ball.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the battlefield is displayed.
2. On the lower screen, the players' Vs record for the current connection is shown in the top half of the screen.
3. On the lower screen, the players' scores are displayed in the bottom right corner.
4. On the lower screen, the number of available ships is in the bottomm right corner.
4a. In Survivor mode, the number begins at 1 for both players.
4b. In Hi-Score mode, the number stays at 99 for both players.
1. Survive longer than your opponent (Survivor mode).
2. Earn 50,000 points before your opponent (Hi-Score mode).
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Nanostray 2 profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.