1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
1. The host will tap on the picture of the two Nintendo DS systems (lower screen, upper right corner) twice.
2. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
3. The guest taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
4. When the graphic bar appears saying "Over The Hedge", the guest taps on it.
5. The guest's DS system will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
1. Each player can choose from one of four different (but functionally identical) characters...
RJ, the Raccoon (highlighted inside a light blue circle while in the game)
Hammy, the Squirrel (highlighted inside a purple circle while in the game)
Stella, the Skunk (highlighted inside a yellow circle while in the game)
Verne, the Turtle (highlighted inside a red circle while in the game)
Game Controls / How To Play
1. To move your character, you will use the direction pad (up, down, left, right).
2. Picking up food and bonuses is automatic when you touch the food or bonus item.
The number of food items you are currently carrying is located next to your character's head and can be as many as 5.
After you pick up a bonus it will appear in the upper right corner of the upper screen. You can hold one bonus at a time.
3. Dropping off food in the log is automatic once you touch the log.
4. To activate your current bonus item, press the "A" button.
5. To attack another character that is next to you, press the "B" button.
If you hit another character, they lose one item of food they are carrying.
6. To throw food, press the "B" button when another character is not right in front of you.
You can throw food into the log or away to the ground before you lose it to a trap or opponent attack.
7. To pause the game, press the Start button.
8. To quit the game, press the Start button to pause the game, tap on "Quit", then tap on "Quit" again.
What To Look For
1. Food. All food types count as "one food". Types of food include...
2. Bonuses. Bonuses give you special and/or enhanced abilities for 8 seconds. Types of bonuses include...
2a. Invicibility (denoted by a sparkling shield): You cannot be hurt and/or forced to drop food.
2b. Attract Food (denoted by a pulsing magnet): Food you are close to will come to you.
2c. Speed (denoted by an orbited energy bar): You can mone at twice the speed.
2d. Surprise (denoted by a purple question mark): After you pick it up, it will randomly become one of the other 3 bonuses.
3a. Bird Bath Archers (If they shoot you, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
3b. Dogs (If you touch them, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
3c. Fake Stumps (If you touch them, they will activate spikes and/or lasers.)
3d. Flamingo Beams (If you touch them, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
3e. Lasers (If you touch them, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
3f. Pink Spikey Coral (If you touch it, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
3g. Spikes (If you touch them, you'll drop half your food, rounded up.)
1. Collect the food (up to 5 at a time) and deposit it in the log.
2. Avoid the traps and the other players' attacks.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Over The Hedge profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.