1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "Press Any Button" appears on the lower screen, the host taps anywhere on the lower screen or presses any button.
1. The host taps "Multiplayer" (the middle row) twice.
2. The host taps "Local Battle" (the top option).
3. The host taps "Create Game" (the bottom row) twice.
4. The host taps on "DS Download Battle (the bottom option) twice.
5. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
6. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
7. When the graphic bar appears saying "Prey The Stars", the guests tap on it.
8. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
9. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host taps "Cut Off" near the bottom left corner of the screen.
(There are no selectable options.)
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Move: Press a direction on the direction pad
2. Grab An Item: Press the "A" button when next to and facing an item
3. Bite An Item: Press the "A" button when an item is in your mouth (bite when the green lights are lit to reach GABUGABU Time -- see below)
4. Spit Out An Item: Press the "B" button
5. Attack Rivals: Press the "A" button when next to and facing a rival
6. Block An Attack: Press the "L" button
7. Blow: Blow into the Nintendo DS's microphone
8. Lick: Press the "X" button
9. Suck: Press the "Y" button
10. Activate An Ability: Press the "R" button
11. Grow Bigger: Fill your stomach gauge (bottom left corner of the lower screen) by eating power-up objects to grow bigger (there are three sizes)
12. GABUGABU Time: During GABUGABU Time, all bite timing is perfect, earn double points from eating, and you will be invincible.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the playing field is displayed.
2. On the upper screen, your monster is in the center of the screen.
3. On the upper screen, the most recent objects eaten (up to three) are displayed in the top left corner.
4. On the upper screen, the currently available ability is displayed in the top right corner.
5. On the upper screen, the Perfect Gauge (mesuring items eaten with all "Good" bites) is on the right edge beneathw the currently available ability.
6. On the upper screen, your current rank is displayed beneath the Perfect Gauge.
7. On the upper screen, your score is displayed in the bottom right corner.
8. On the upper screen, your Stomach Gauge (displaying your progress toward growing larger) is in the bottom left corner.
9. On the upper screen, your Stomach Level (monster size) is located to the right of the Stomach Gauge.
10. On the upper screen, the Timing Gauge (visible with an item in your mouth, for perfecting bite timing) appears to the left and right of your monster.
11. On the upper screen, Spirits may occasionally appear (suck them in to increase score).
12. On the lower screen, the stage map is displayed.
12a. All players' monsters (and any game-controlled monsters) appear on the map with a number, indicating their current rank.
12a1. If a monster is a single, solid color and is glowing, it is transformed.
12a2. If a monster has a dark circle in its top left corner, it has a bomb.
12a3. If a monster is tiny, it has been shrunk.
12a4. If a monster has a flame in its top left corner, it is burning.
12a5. If a monster has a lightning bolt in its top left corner, it has been zapped.
12a6. If a monster has has a green cyclone in its top left corner, it has wind power.
12b. Darkened squares represent holes.
12c. Level 1 (small) objects that are edible appear as small stars on a turquoise background.
12d. Level 2 (medium) objects that are edible appear as medium stars on a mustard yellow background.
12e. Level 3 (large) objects that are edible appear as large stars on a red background.
12f. Power-up objects appear as "+P" on the map.
12g. Blinking stars on the map indicate additional items that are identical to the one you are currently eating.
12h. An empty yellow square with a blinking outline indicates items will soon fall into that area.
13. On the lower screen, each player's name, profile, and current score are listed on the right side by current rank.
14. On the lower screen, the amount of time remaining will be displayed (both numerically and graphically) in the bottom right corner.
15. On the lower screen, the name of the item being eat is written out beneath the map and above the amount of time remaining.
1. End each match with the highest score.
4. Prevent opponents from eating items using attacks.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Prey The Stars profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.