1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
NOTE: The opening screens can skipped by tapping them once each.
3. The first time the game is played, an introcution to the story will appear; tap the "Continue" button when it appears in the bottom center of the lower screen.
1. The host taps "Multiplayer" (the middle option).
2. The host taps "Host" (the bottom option).
3. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Rubik's World", the guest taps on it.
6. The guest's DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. The download will begin automatically.
1. The host taps the game of their choice.
2. The choices are: Fit, Switch, and Rubik's Cube.
3. When playing Rubik's Cube, the host selects the cube's size: 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Tap a highlighted Cubie to move it.
2. After a Cubie is highlighted, touch any potential destination spot to move it to that spot.
3. When the Cubies are in the same pattern as the wall above (or when time runs out), the wall will drop down.
4. If the wall drops and some Cubies are in the wrong spot, you will take damage (if you take too much damage, you will lose).
1. One Cubie is held apart from the playing field and can be swapped with any Cubie in the playing field (lighter background).
2. The playing field is the square of lighter-colored background.
3. The held Cubie is displayed beneath the playing field at the bottom center of the lower screen.
4. Tap any Cubie in the playing field to swap it with the held Cubie (black Cubies cannot be swapped with).
5. When five (or more) Cubies of the same color are connected (using any combination of horizontal and vertical connections), the group will be removed.
6. Over time, more Cubies will be added.
7. The first player whose screen fills and then has more Cubies added loses.
1. Touch a Cubie and then, without lifting the stylus from the screen, push it in a direction to spin that line of Cubies in that direction.
2. Touch outside the Rubik's Cube, then drag the stylus aroung to spin the cube.
3. Touch the rotate icon in the bottom right corner of the lower screen to spin the cube once.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the wall the Cubies must fit through is displayed.
2. On the upper screen, the Cubies that won't currently fit through the wall are displayed as grayed out squares on the wall matching their positions.
3. On the upper screen, the Wall number (out of the total) is displayed in the top left corner.
4. On the upper screen, the amount of time added on to what's remaining (for the next wall) is displayed in the top right corner.
5. On the lower screen, the Cubies are displayed.
6. On the lower screen, Cubies that can currently be moved are a brighter color.
7. On the lower screen, possible destinations for a Cubie are displayed after the Cubie is tapped.
8. On the lower screen, the amount of time remaining for the current wall is displayed in the top left corner.
9. On the lower screen, the maximum damage that can be taken without losing is displayed in the top right corner (along with the amount taken so far).
1. On the upper screen, the number of Cubies saved so far is displayed in the top right corner.
2. On the lower screen, the playing field (which houses the swappable Cubies) is the square of lighter background.
3. On the lower screen, the Cubie that can be switched for one in the playing field is displayed beneath the playing field.
1. On the upper screen, the back side of the Rubik's Cube is shown.
2. On the lower screen, the front (manipulable) side of the Rubik's Cube is shown.
3. On the lower screen, the number of moves (turns) made so far is counted in the top right corner.
4. On the lower screen, the rotate icon is in the bottom right corner.
1. Move your Cubies into position before the wall drops.
2. Outlive your opponent.
3. Don't take any damage.
1. Rescue (remove) the Cubies.
2. Outlast your opponent.
1. Solve the Rubik's Cube.
2. Use fewer moves (turns) than your opponent.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Rubik's World profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.