1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "PRESS START" appears on the lower screen, the host taps anywhere on the lower screen or presses the Start button.
1. The host taps "Versus Mode" (the second option from the top) using one (1) long tap or two (2) short taps.
2. The host taps "Single-Card Play" (the middle option) using one (1) long tap or two (2) short taps.
3. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "SONIC COLORS", the guests tap on it.
6. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. When the host's DS shows the guest's name on the upper screen (and the words "Accepting Opponents." disappear), the host taps "OK" in the bottom center of the lower screen.
1. There are three location choices for the race...
2. The host taps on their choice of location, or gives the guest the option to choose (if they have no preference).
3. There is a time limit of thirty (30) seconds to decide on a location, or else the location that is highlighted when the time runs out will be selected automatically.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Move: Hold the direction pad in the desired direction.
2. Spin Attack: Press the "A" or "B" button.
3. Jump: Press the "A" or "B" button.
4. Jump Dash: Press the "A" or "B" button while in mid-air to Jump Dash in the direction Sonic is facing.
5. Spin Dash: Press down on the direction pad, press and hold the "A" or "B" button, then release the direction pad.
6. Wall Jump: Jump toward a wall, and at the same moment Sonic makes contact with the wall, press the "A" or "B" button and the opposite direction.
7. Stomp: While in mid-air, press down on the direction pad and the "A" or "B" button.
8. Slide: While moving, press and hold the "R" button to slide.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the current location and the actions shown.
2. On the upper screen, the number of rings collected is displayed in the top left corner.
3. On the upper screen, the current lap (ACT-2 only) is shown in the top middle of the screen.
4. On the upper screen, the amount of time elapsed so far is displayed in the top right corner.
5. On the upper screen, the Boost Gauge is shown along the left side of the screen.
6. On the upper screen, the number of lives remaining is shown in the bottom left corner.
7. On the lower screen, the opponent's current location and acctions are shown
8. On the lower screen, each player's progress towards the end will be displayed on a line across the bottom of the screen.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Sonic Colors profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.