1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "Touch the Touch Screen to continue" appears on the lower screen, the host taps anywhere on their lower screen or presses the Start button.
1. The host taps on "Multiplayer" (on the left side of the touch screen, about half way up from the bottom).
2. The host taps on "Create Single-Card Game" (the second option from the bottom, right above "Back").
3. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Top Gun", the guests tap on it.
6. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. When all of the intended guests' DS systems say "Download completed" on the lower screen, the host taps "Next" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
Game Prelude: Before The Game Begins
1. All guests tap "Next" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen and then tap on the name of the game they wish to join (the host's system name).
2. On the next screen (for both the host and the guests), the game and aircraft statistics will be shown.
3. The host taps "Start game" on the right side of the lower screen.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Press up on the direction pad: Fly/aim lower.
2. Press down on the direction pad: Fly/aim higher.
3. Press left on the direction pad: Fly/aim left.
4. Press rigft on the direction pad: Fly/aim rigft.
5. Press the "L" button: Fire a missile (begin with 50 and autorefill to 5 after 5 seconds).
6. Press the "A" button: Fire bullets (unlimited).
7. Press the "X" button: increase speed.
8. Press the "Y" button: decrease speed.
9. Tap the on-screen camera icon in the bottom right corner of the lower screen: Alternate between first person and third person view.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, a first person/third person view is shown.
2. On the upper screen, the countdown clock is displayed in the top right corner
3. On the upper screen, the speedometer (showing speed) is displayed on the left side on the screen (parallel to the left edge).
4. On the upper screen, the altimeter (showing altitude) is displayed on the right side of the screen (parallel to the right edge).
5. On the upper screen, the damage meter is displayed in the bottom left corner.
6. On the lower screen, the radar is displayed.
7. On the lower screen, the number of missiles remaining (only the bottom type is available in Single-Card Download) is displayed in the top left corner.
8. On the lower screen, the number of kills each player has successfully scored is diplayed in the bottom center of the screen.
9. On the lower screen, the on-screen camera icon (to switch between first person and third person viewing angles) is in the bottom right corner.
1. Shoot down your opponent(s).
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Top Gun profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.