1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When the lower screen says "Press Start", the hosts taps the lower screen (or presses the Start button).
1. The host taps "Bonus Games" (the middle option).
2. The host taps "Multiplayer" (the bottom option).
3. The host taps "DS Download Play" (the top option).
4. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
6. When the graphic bar appears saying "Xiaolin Showdown", the guests tap on it.
7. The guest's DS system will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
1. The only selectable option is the game to play:
1a. Wind Hockey (Raimundo)
1c. Fire Bowling (Kimiko)
2. To select which game you'd like to play, press left or right on the direction pad.
3. To begin the selected game, tap on "Launch" near the center of the lower screen.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Wind Hockey is an Air Hockey game.
2. The goal of the game is to be the first player to knock the puck into your opponent's goal five times using your paddle.
5. The puck will always move in a straight line, changing speeds (and/or directions) whenever it comes in contact with a paddle or a wall.
3. To move your paddle, touch it with the stylus and drag it (without lifting the stylus from the screen) wherever you want the paddle to move.
4. Your paddle can never move off of your half of the table (the lower screen).
6. If you ever lift your stylus from the screen, your paddle will continue moving in the same direction and speed you were dragging it.
7. Both the host and the guest will see themself as Raimundo with a red paddle.
8. Both the host and the guest will see their opponent as Jack Spicer (& Robots) with the purple paddle.
9. After each point is scored, the game will automatically show a replay of the last three to five seconds of the scoring play.
1. Boulder Basho is a version of Breakout, similar to Break 'Em All.
2. The goal of Boulder Basho is to use the paddle to bounce the boulder at the blocks and to break as many as possible.
3. Move the paddle left and right by dragging it with the stylus without lifting the stylus from the screen.
4. If the boulder gets past your paddle, you lose a life.
5. When a player loses the third (final) life, the game is over.
6. Different blocks are worth different points.
7. Some (blinking) blocks have special abilities: increasing the number of points per block, adding barriers to your opponent's board, etc.
1. Fire Bowling is a basic bowling game.
2. Touch the stylus to the lower screen near the bottom center and draw a line toward the upper screen; then lift the stylus from the screen.
3. The bowling ball will roll forward in the direction of the line.
4. A game contains ten frames of ten pins each (with a maximum of two throws per frame).
5. If you knock down all ten pins on the first ball of the frame (a strike), the next two rolls get added into that frame, plus their own frame(s).
6. If you knock down the tenth pin on the second ball of a frame (a spare), the next one roll gets added into that fram, plus it's own frame.
7. After a strike or a spare, the game will automatically show a replay of the last throw.
8. If you get a strike or spare in the final (tenth) frame, you get one or two extra rolls (to a maximum of three in the frame).
1. At the beginning of the game, a random arena shape is selected.
2. Each arena is surrounded by water and bordered by walls and open and closed doors.
3. The goal is to knock your opponent through a doorway and into the water by slingshotting your character into your opponent's character.
4. On your turn, touch your stylus to your character. You'll have 10 seconds per turn.
5. Without lifting the stylus, drag the stylus in the OPPOSITE direction that you want to slingshot your character in; then lift the stylus from the screen.
6. When a character bounces off of a closed door, the door becomes an open door (permanently).
7. Whenever you knock your opponent into the water, you gain a point.
8. Whenever you are knocked into the water or fall into the water, you lose a point (you can never have less than zero points).
9. If your character ends their movement on a power-up circle, the gain that power-up for their next movement only.
9a. Green power-up circles with a running person make your character roll further and faster.
9b. Blue power-up circles with a "1 Ton" weight make your character roll a shorter distance and slower.
10. The game is over after the a player reaches five points and their opponent cannot change the score in one last turn.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, your opponent's score is in the top left corner.
2. On the upper screen, your opponent's goal is in the top center of the screen.
3. On the lower screen, your own score is in the bottom right corner.
4. On the lower screen, your own goal is in the bottom center of the screen.
1. On the upper screen, the number of lives you have remaining is displayed in the top left corner.
2. On the upper screen, the number of points you've scored so far is displayed in the top right corner.
1. On the upper screen, the end of the lane (with the pins) is shown)
2. On the lower screen, the beginning of the lane is thrown on your turn.
3. On the lower screen, the scoring chart is shown on your opponent's turn.
1. On the upper screen, the entire playing arena is shown, with both characters' locations marked.
2. On the upper screen, the host's score is displayed in the top left corner.
3. On the upper screen, the guest's score is displayed in the bottom right corner.
4. On the upper screen, the countdown timer is in the very center of the screen.
2. Prevent your opponent from scoring goals.
3. Be the first player to score five goals.
1. Break the most blocks.
2. Find the most bonuses.
1. Bowl the ball into the pins.
2. Get strikes and spares.
3. Outscore your opponent.
1. Knock your opponent into the water.
2. Keep yourself out of the water.
3. Earn power-ups and use them to your advantage.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Xiaolin Showdown profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.