1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. If this is the first time this copy of the game has been played, the host will be required to see a "story" set up process.
4. The host taps the lower screen when the silver box and the words "Touch To Start" are shown on the lower screen.
1. At the main menu, the host taps "Multiplayer" on the lower screen (the second option from the top).
2. Two options will appear on the host's upper screen, "Wireless Battle" (which will be highlighted) and "Trade Dioramas" (which is not pre-highlighted).
3. The host presses the "A" buttom to select "Wireless Battle" and confirm it.
4. Two new options will appear on the host's upper screen, "Create Game" (which will be highlighted) and "Find Opponent" (which is not pre-highlighted).
5. The host presses the "A" button to select "Create Game" and confirm it.
6. Two more options will appear on the host's upper screen, "Multi-Card Play" (which will be highlighted) and "Single-Card Play" (which is not pre-highlighted).
7. The host presses down on the direction pad to select "Single-Card Play" and then the host will press the "A" button to confirm it.
8. The guest will power on their Nintendo DS system.
9. The guest tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
10. When the graphic bar appears saying "Custom Robo Arena", the guest taps on it.
11. The guest's DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
12. The guest's Nintendo DS system name and the following message will appear on the host's upper screen: "An opponent has arrived! Battle this opponent?"
13. The host then presses the "A" button to confirm the guest and begin the download process.
14. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host taps "Start" in the center of the screen.
1. Players can then customize their robots (both players can select the same parts).
NOTE: To selecte features, players press the "A" button to enter a menu, up, down, left, and right to highligh a feature, and the "A" button again to select one.
2. The first line is which model of robot each player would like to use. The options are...
2a. Ray Mk III: Shining Fighter (this is the host's default selection)
2b. Miranda: Aerial Beauty
2d. Javelin: Strike Vanisher (this is the guest's default selection)
3. The second line is which gun each player would like to use. The options are...
3b. Midrange: Gatling Gun (this is the host's default selection) or Thunderbolt Gun
3c. Long-Range: Dragon Gun (this is the guest's default selection)
3d. Long-Range: Rayfall Gun
4. The third line is which bomb each player would like to have. The options are...
4a. Geo Trap Bomb (this is the guest's default selection)
4d. Volcanic Bomb (this is the host's default selection)
5. The fourth line is which Pod each player would like to have. The options are...
5b. Seeker Pod G (this is the host's default selection)
5c. Beast Pod (this is the guest's default selection)
6. The fifth line is which type of legs each player wants on their robots. The options are...
6a. High Jump Legs (this is the guest's default selection)
6b. Booster Legs (this is the host's default selection)
7. After each player has the set of features they wish to battle with, they press the Start button.
8. After both players have pressed the Start button, they will each be shown their opponent's configuration.
9. Players will have only a couple of seconds to view their opponent's configuration before the match begins.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Each battle will be timed to last 120 seconds.
2. Press up, down, left, or right on the direction pad to move.
3. Press the "A" button to jump.
4. Press the "X" button for a basic attack.
5. Press the "B" button for a shooting (gun) attack.
6. Press the "R" button for a bomb attack.
7. Press the "L" button for a Pod attack.
8. Press the Select button in order to change your viewing angle (between a rotating overhead view and rear view).
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the countdown timer is in the top right corner.
2. On the upper screen, the holoseum (the playing field) is displayed.
3. On the upper screen, each robot's remaining hit points are displayed next to the robot.
4. On the lower screen, all of the controls are layed out.
1. Destroy your opponent by reducing their hit points to zero.
2. Don't allow your hit points to be reduced to zero.
3. Have more hit points than your opponent if time expires.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Custom Robo Arena profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.