Walkthrough #1 - Game Introduction & Initial Story Sequence (To Unlock The Main Menu)
1. If this is the first time this copy of the game has been played, the host will be required to see a "story" set up process.
2. The host will be required to enter a name.
NOTE: To enter a name, the host taps the on-screen letters and then taps "Confirm" in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
3. The host will then be required to confirm the name they entered.
3a. To confirm the name that was entered, the host taps "Yes" in the right center of the lower screen.
3b. To re-enter a new name, the host taps "No" in the left center of the screen and is brought back to the name entry screen (step 4 above).
NOTE: For the purpose of this walkthrough, "(YOUR NAME)" will be inserted where the player's entered name would be displayed.
4. Basic controls will be displayed on the lower screen.
5. The host will be in control of a small robot with no special abilities in a battle the host will lose.
6. A scene will be shown of a boy waking up in his bedroom.
7. Once the boy has his blue jacket on, the host will gain control of the boy and must walk him off the bottom of the upper screen.
To make the boy walk, use up, down, left, and right on the direction pad.
8. A woman enters the new room through a parallel door and approaches the boy.
9. Tamara: "Ah, you're up! Good morning, (YOUR NAME)."
NOTE: After each line of text, press the "A" button to continue.
10. Tamara: "Ready for your first day at a new school?"
11. Tamara: "Let's go downstairs and get some breakfast. We wouldn't want you to be late!"
12. Walk the boy down down the stairs on the left side of the upper screen.
13. Tamara: "There you are!"
14. Tamara: "Dad said he wanted a word with you. You'd better go talk to him."
15. The boy's dad is the character in the center of the upper screen (next to the couch). Have the boy walk up to his dad.
16. When the boy is facing his dad, the host should press the "A" button.
17. Dad: "Morning, (YOUR NAME)!"
18. Dad: "Have I got a surprise for you!"
19. Dad: "Well, not a surprise, really, since you've always wanted one, but... Oh, here!"
20. Dad: "A custom robo! A Shining Fighter model, to be specific!"
21. Dad: "It's a Rak Mk II!!"
22. Dad: "Got Mom's permission first, of course..."
23. The host then receives the Ray Mk II, the Basic Gun, the Standard Bomb, the Standard Pod, and the Standard Legs.
24. Mom: "It only seemed fair. After all, we didn't get time to celebrate your birthday properly."
25. Mom: "Just make sure you stay out of trouble, (YOUR NAME)!"
26. Tamara: "That's great, (YOUR NAME). You've wanted one of those for a while, haven't you!"
27. Dad: "Oh, that reminds me."
28. Dad: "Here, this is for you too."
29. Dad: "It's a customization garage, so you can swap out parts on your robo."
30. Dad: "I also got you a cleaning cloth. Be sure to keep your robo good and polished..."
31. Dad: "If you let your robo get dirty, it could really affect the overall performance."
32. Dad: "Oh, and finally...a cell phone. I thought it might be nice to give you a call once in a while."
33. The host then receives the Garage, the Cleaning Cloth, and the Cell Phone.
34. Mom: "Alright, everyone. Time for breakfast."
35. Mom: "Take a seat, (YOUR NAME)."
36. The host walks the boy to the only empty seat at the table.
37. Mom: "You must be pretty excited, huh, (YOUR NAME)?"
38. Mom: "It's our first day in a new town, and your first day at a new school!"
39. Dad: "I feel so bad about all of this. If Tamara and I hadn't been transferred, well..."
40. Dad: "I'm just really sorry."
41. Mom: "Oh, quit your worrying. I'm really excited about the change of scenery!"
42. Tamara: "So, (YOUR NAME), you must be happy, hm?"
43. Tamara: "Now that you've got your very own custom robo, you're one step closer to realizing your dream!"
44. Dad: "You...do still want to join the police, right, (YOUR NAME)?"
45. To proceed through the quickest route, the host should make sure "Yes" is highlighted and then press the "A" button.
48. Mom: "I don't know. I just don't want him getting hurt in a robo battle or anything."
49. Mom: "I know I shouldn't worry, but..."
50. Dad: "He'll be fine. There are rules to these things, after all."
51. Dad: "Robo battles aren't dangerous in the slightest!"
52. Tamara: "That's right."
53. Tamara: "Custom robos all have very strict limits on how much mental strength they drain."
54. Tamara: "As long as he uses it like any normal person, he should be fine."
56. Mom: "I didn't know that. Well, I guess that makes me feel a little better."
57. Tamara: "Oh, Mom. Quit being such a worrywart!"
58. Dad: "Ah, look at the time."
59. Tamara: "Looks like we better go. Thanks for the breakfast, Mom."
60. Mom: "You better be on your way, too, (YOUR NAME)."
61. The host walks the boy outside and, while the boy stands still, the host is shown the path to the school.
62. Girl: "Oh, look at the time."
63. Boy: "Hurry up! We're going to be late for Class!"
64. At this point, the host can press the "X" button to open the menu and press left once on the direction pad, then press the "A" button twice to save their progress.
65. The host presses the "A" button again to confirm the game save.
66. The host can the press left on the direction pad again and then press "A" twice to "Save and quit".
NOTE: While it's not necessary to save the game before the "Save and quit" step, it's recommended as a precaution.
67. While the game is saving, do not touch the Nintendo DS's power button and do not touch the game card in the system.
NOTE: It's never a good idea to touch the game cartridge while the game is playing and the Nintendo DS's power is on.
68. The host presses the "A" button again to confirm the game save.
69. The host will then be returned to the main menu, which is now unlocked.
Walkthrough #2 - Brief Descriptions Of What The Part Categories Are
1. Robot Model: This is the model of robot you're building.
2. Weapon - Gun: This is the selected gun used in attacking.
3. Weapon - Bomb: This is the selected bomb type you're armed with.
4. Weapon - Pod: This is the slow-travelling, robot-seeking, special attack weapon.
5. Legs: The leg type helps determine the type of movement your robot is capable of.
Walkthrough #3 - Part Specifics: Robot Models
1. Ray Mk III ("Power" Style Robot / "Attack" Attack Style)
1g. Attack Type: Invisible, Invincible Forward Dash
2. Miranda: Aerial Beauty ("Power" Style Robot / "Attack" Attack Style)
2e. Base Dash: 2 (Aerial Jump)
2g. Attack Type: Jump Up, Diagonal Down To Enemy
3. Bit: Little Sprinter ("Armor" Style Robot / "Jumping" Attack Style)
3e. Base Dash: 3 (Aerial Jump)
3g. Attack Type: Upward Spin
4. Javelin: Strike Vanisher ("Speed" Style Robot / "Attack" Attack Style)
4f. Attack Damage: 98 (214 for a combo of 5)
4g. Attack Type: Spammable, Short Forward Dash
Walkthrough #4 - Part Specifics: Weapon - Guns
1f. Shot Type: Triple Shot
2f. Shot Type: Multi-Shot
3. Midrange: Thunderbolt Gun
3f. Shot Type: Split Double Shot
4. Long-Range: Dragon Gun
4f. Shot Type: Strong (But Slow) Blast
5. Long-Range: Rayfall Gun
5f. Shot Type: Quadruple Shot (pauses in the air when shot from land, no pause when shot from the air)
Walkthrough #5 - Part Specifics: Weapon - Bombs
2f. Explosion: Traction (reels in your enemy)
3f. Explosion: Cyclone (lingering, spinning blue blast)
4f. Explosion: Triple Shot (explodes on contact)
Walkthrough #6 - Part Specifics: Weapon - Pods
1f. Explosion: Flipper (upward pillar that pulls you toward your opponent)
2f. Explosion: Geyser (upward pillar)
3f. Explosion: Traction (reels in your enemy)
Walkthrough #7 - Part Specifics: Legs
1a. Effect #1: Jump height is increased.
1b. Effect #2: Jump speed is increased.
2a. Effect #1: Speed is increased.
2b. Effect #2: Jump height is increased.
3a. Effect #1: Running speed is increased.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Custom Robo Arena profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.