Basic Setup & Save File Selection
1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "Touch Screen To Start" appears on the white line along the bottom of the lower screen, the host taps the lower screen or presses the Start button.
4. If this is the first time the game has been played, the host will have to create a new save file.
4a. The host taps on any of the empty save files twice.
4b. The system name for the Nintendo DS system the game is in will appear as a default.
4c. To delete letters one at a time, the host poresses the "B" button.
4d. To add letters, the host taps the desired letters one at a time (or selects a letter with the direction pad and then accepts that letter with the "A" button).
4e. To switch between capital letters, lower case letters, and other symbols, the host presses the "Y" button.
4f. When the profile name is set as desired, the host presses the "X" button.
1. The host presses to the right on the direction pad twice to highlight the "Multiplayer" option.
2. The host taps the Multiplayer icon or presses the "A" button to activate Multiplayer.
3. The host presses to the right (or left) on the direction pad to highlight "Yes" (to turn on the DS's Wireless Communications) or presses the "A" button.
4. The host presses the "Y" button to choose to host the game.
5. The host presses right (or left) on the direction pad (or taps one of the arrows before or after the "Multi-Card" option) to highlight the "Single-Card" option.
6. The host presses the "A" button to accept "Single-Card" multiplayer hosting.
7. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
8. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
9. When the graphic bar appears saying "Need for Speed Carbon Own the City", the guests tap on it.
10. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
11. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host presses the "A" button.
NOTE: If an incorrect player connects to the game, the host can disconnect them by highlighting their name (press up or down on the direction pad until the desired name is highlighted) and by them pressing the "X" button and then confirming on the next screen.
1. Players can tap the color of their car by tapping the colored square to the right of their name on the lower screen (or by pressing the "X" button).
2. By pressing the "L" and "R" buttons, players can see their car's specs, the map they'll be racings, and some information on their opponents.
3. When players are ready for the race to begin they press the "A" button.
4. After the final part of the download, the race will begin.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Steer: Press left or right on the direction pad.
2. Accellerate: Press the "R" button.
3. Brake/Reverse: Press the "L" button.
4. Nitrous Boost: Press the "B" button (or tap the Nitrous panel on the middle right side of the lower screen).
5. Handbrake: Press the "A" button.
5. Left RearView: Press the "Y" button (or tap the left rear-view mirron in the bottom left corner of the lower screen).
5. Right RearView: Tap the right rear-view mirror in the bottom right corner of the lower screen.
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the race will be shown.
2. On the upper screen, a flag will temporarily appear in the bottom right corner each time a lap is completed.
3. On the lower screen, the speedometer and odometer are in the top left corner.
4. On the lower screen, the RPM gauge is near the top center of the screen.
5. On the lower screen, the current portion of the map is on the left center of the screen.
6. On the lower screen, your current lap times are displayed in the center of the screen.
7. On the lower screen, the Nitrous panel is on the right center of the screen (the specific gauge indicating levels is the blue gauge).
8. On the lower screen, the left rear-view mirror is in the bottom left corner.
9. On the lower screen, the right rear-view mirror is in the bottom right corner.
3. Don't hit other cars or any barriers.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Need For Speed Carbon: Own The City profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.