1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. When "Press Start" appears on the lower screen, the host presses the start button or taps anywhere on the lower screen.
1. The host taps the icon in the center of the row twice (once to highlight it and again to select it).
NOTE: The "Wireless Battle" icon will have the Nintendo DS wireless symbol beneath it.
2. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
3. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
4. When the graphic bar appears saying "Professional Fisherman's Tour -NH", the guests tap on it.
5. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
6. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host taps the "Start DATA TRANSFER" bar near the bottom of the touch screen.
1. Three option bars will appear on the bottom of the host's lower screen: Number of fish, 5 minutes, and Start wireless battle.
2. The first option bar is to determine the win condition (switch between options by tapping the top option bar).
2a. The default option (Number of fish) has the winner being decided by who catches the most fish.
2b. The alternate option (Fish weight) has the winner being decided by the weight of the fish that are caught.
3. The second option bar is to determine the time limit (switch between options by tapping the middle option bar).
3a. The default option is 5 minutes.
3b. Alternate options include 10 minutes and 20 minutes.
4. The host taps twice on the third option bar to begin the game.
Game Controls / How To Play
1a. When the line is retracted (at the beginning of gameplay or during gameplay), there will be arrows pointing left and right on the lower screen.
1b. To move the boat left or right, press left or right on the direction pad.
2a. Once the boat is where you want it, press the "A" button or tap the reel icon in the bottom left corner of the lower screen.
2b. The arrows will disappear and an angle bar will appear across the top of thew lower screen.
2c. Press left or right on the direction pad to cast the list in an angle of your choice.
NOTE: To back up to move the boat, press the "B" button or tap the arrows icon on the left side of the lower screen (the third icon from the top).
2d. To begin the cast, tap the lower screen (not on an icon) or press the "A" button.
2e. The power meter on the right edge of the lower screen will go up and down; the higher it is, the further the line will be cast
2f. When the power meter is at the desired level, press the "A" button.
3a. Once the lure is in the water, press left or right on the direction pad to move the lure left or right.
3b. Once the lure is in the water, press up or down on the direction pad to reel the lure in just a little.
4a. While the lure is in the water, a fish status icon will appear in the top center of the upper screen.
4b. If the fish status icon is "near" a fish, an icon will be present.
4c. If the lure is close enough to the fish, the fish will take notice and an exclamation mark ("!") will appear on the icon.
4d. When the fish becomes interested in the lure and will be going after it, a heart will appear on the icon.
4e. When the fish is biting the lure, two exclamation marks ("!!") will appear on the icon and the icon will turn red.
5a. While the fish is biting the lure, quickly tap up or down (once) on the direction pad the begin reeling in the fish.
5b. While reeling in the fish, the power meter on the right edge of the lower screen will be replaced with a fish/fisherman meter.
5c. If the blue line OR the red line get too long, the line can span or the fish can escape.
5d. To reel in the fish, press (and let go of) the "A" button as necessary so that the lines on the fish/fisherman meter don't get too long.
6a. To change a lure, tap the lures icon on the left side of the lower screen (second from the top) or press the "X" button.
6b. To select a lure, tap on it twice (until it is lit up) and then tap on the circle tile (next to ther "X" tile in the bottom right corner).
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the fish (when present) and the lure can be seen.
2. On the lower screen, the amount of time remaining is located in the top right corner.
3. On the lower screen, the power meter (or the fish/fisherman meter) is on the right edge of the screen.
4. On the lower screen, the power retract icon is in the bottom right corner.
5. On the lower screen, the lures icon (when lit up) is on the left side of the screen, second from the top.
6. On the lower screen, the arrows icon (when lit up) is on the left side of the screen, third from the top.
7. On the lower screen, the reel icon (when lit up) is in the bottom left corner.
2. Catch the heaviest fish.
3. Don't let caught fish get away.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Professional Fisherman's Tour: Northern Hemisphere profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.