1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. To skip the opening sequence, the host can tap the lower screen when "Touch To Skip" appears on the lower screen.
4. To begin the game, the host taps the lower screen when "Touch To Begin" appears on the lower screen.
1. The host taps "Vs Mode" (in the bottom left corner) twice.
2. The host taps "Single-Card Play" (the bottom option) twice.
3. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
4. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
5. When the graphic bar appears saying "Snowboard Kids", the guests tap on it.
6. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
7. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host taps "Start" in the center of the screen.
(There are no selectable options.)
Game Play Description / What Things Do
1. SBK: Snowboar Kids's Single-Card Download feature is a downhill snowboard race on the Alpine course in Exhibition mode. All players race as Slash Kamei.
2. Moves (desribed below) can be performed in any way to help the racers reach the bottom.
3. If a player gets distracted and stops moving their racer, the game will keep moving their racer toward the finish (though not at a competitive rate).
4. The winner of the race is solely decided based on who crosses the finish line in what order.
5. Points don't effect who wins, but they're still tracked in a manner similar to how they're tracked in the main game to keep the feel of point collection acurate.
6. Gems can be collected on the course and add to point totals, but do not help you in this particular race.
7. Snowboarding through item boxes picks up an random item. If your racer snowboards through an item box while already holding an item, the old item will be replaced.
8. Snowboarders, when performing tricks, will automatically power up their SBK Meters.
8a. The more difficult the trick, the more the SBK Meter gets powered up from it.
8b. When the SBK Meter is full, Special Tricks can be performed during a Super Jump.
8c. A Super Jump is a jump performed by pressing the "B" button and releasing it when jumping off of a ramp.
8d. If a Super Jump is performed while the SBK Meter is full, a Special Trick will immediately become elligible with instructions on the lower screen.
8e. Possible sets of instructions: tracing a pattern, tapping the screen a preset number of times, or tapping each part of a screen a preset number of times.
9. Some tricks (for instructions, see below) have secondary effects...
9a. Spin Tricks: deflect opponents' shots
9b. Grab Tricks: charge up the SBK Meter quicker
9c. Flip Tricks: during a Super Jump, land without slowing down first
9d. Special Tricks: power up the item you're holding and boost your abilities
10. In this exhibition mode, you'll also be able to shoot Normal Shots at your opponents (you'll auto-target the closest rqacer in front of you with a homing ability).
Game Controls / How To Play
1a. Stop Moving: Press down on the direction pad
1b. Shift A Little To The Left: Press left on the direction pad
1c. Shift A Little To The Right: Press right on the direction pad
1d. Shift A Lot To The Left: Press left on the direction pad while pressing the "Y" button
1e. Shift A Lot To The Right: Press right on the direction pad while pressing the "Y" button
1f. Use An Item: Press the "L" or the "X" button
1g. Fire A Shot: Press the "R" or the "Y" button
1a. Crouch Down: Press and hold the "B" button
2. Crouch Movements (done while holding the "B" button)
2a. Jump: Release the "B" button
2b. Super Jump: Release the "B" button while taking off on a ramp
2c. Shift A Little To The Left: Press left on the direction pad
2d. Shift A Little To The Right: Press right on the direction pad
2e. Use An Item: Press the "L" or the "X" button
2f. Fire A Shot: Press the "R" or the "Y" button
3. Aerial Movements (done while in mid-air)
3a. Left Spin: Press left on the direction pad
3b. Right Spin: Press right on the direction pad
3c. Front Flip: Press up on the direction pad
3d. Back Flip: Press down on the direction pad
3e. Nose Grab: Press the "X" button
3f. Method: Press the "Y" button
3g. Indy: Press the "A" button
3h. Tail Grab: Press the "B" button
3i. Special Trick (Super Jump only): Follow the instructions on the touch screen and tap the right part of the lower screen the right number of times
What To Look For
1. On the upper screen, the item you're carrying (if any) is displayed in the top left corner.
2. On the upper screen, the shot you're carrying (if any) is displayed to the right of the item (the right border of the shot indicates its power level).
3. On the upper screen, your current rank is displayed in the center of the screen's top edge.
4. On the upper screen, your current point total is displayed in the top right corner (earned points will be temporarily displayed beneath the total).
5. On the upper screen, your SBK Meter is displayed in the bottom left corner.
6. On the upper screen, information will occassionally be displayed along the bottom edge of the screen to the right of your SBK Meter (your information ticker).
7. On the lower screen, the course (with a graphical representation of each racer's location on the course) is displayed on the left side of the screen.
8. On the lower screen, your racer's current lap number is displayed at the top of the course.
9. On the lower screen, your racer's current speed is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen.
10. On the lower screen, each racer's currently held shots and items are displayed on the right side of the screen.
3. Use items and shots to mess with the other racers.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com SBK: Snowboard Kids profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.