1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. Break 'Em All has multiplayer options in two modes: Quest Mode and Survival Mode.
3a. The game describes Quest Mode: "Break through the blocks that bar your path to reach the boss. Then find its weakness and attack it to win.
3b. The game describes Survival Mode: "A survival match played out to the bitter end. Move around the screen, protect your Life Blocks and attack the enemies. Be the last one alive to win."
Downloading - Quest Mode (Up To 4 Players) or Survival Mode (Up To 8 Players)
1. The host will tap twice on "Quest Mode".
2. The host will tap twice on "Download Play".
3. The host will tap twice on "Host Player".
4. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
4. When the graphic bar appears saying "Break'em All", the guests tap on it.
5. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
4. When the host's lower screen says "Entry Player(#)" where # is the correct number of player (including the host)...
5. The host then either taps the circle near their lower screen's lower right corner or presses the "A" button.
1. The host then chooses the stage to play (numbered 1 through 12) by tapping on the number of the chosen stage.
2. Each player can then choose the Power-ups they'll be eligible for later in the game. There are six choices:
2a. Slow (reduce the ball speed) or Fast (increased the ball speed & point gains)
2b. Catch (the paddle catches the ball) or Mirror (the ball bounce back the way it came)
2c. Split (triple ball) or 5 Way (the ball splits into 5 and 4 fanish when one hits the paddle)
2d. Safe (a two-time barrier across the screen) or Option (creates an additional, but stationary, paddle)
2e. Wide (makes the paddle wider) or Small (makes the paddle smaller and the points bigger)
2f. Laser (the ball goes through all breakable blocks) or Bomb (blocks neighboring the hit block are hit)
3. To select an option, either tap on it or use the up and down directions on the direction pad.
5. To go back to a previous selection, hit left on the direction pad.
4. After the last selection is made, you'll be asked to confirm. Tap the circle near the lower screen's lower right corner or press the "A" button.
1. The on screen description to read before selecting your protective barriers (Guard Blocks) reads as follows...
Protect your Life Blocks while using your Guard Blocks to defend yourself! Each paddle can only take 3 hits, so guard your center well. The right side of the Touch Screen displays rank the LCD Screen displays remaining players and radar.
2. There are four different patterns of Life Blocks/Guard Blocks to choose from (there will be pictures on the screen)...
2a. With "Type A", you are exposed above and beneath your Life Blocks.
2b. With "Type B", you are exposed on the left and right sides of your Life Blocks.
2c. With "Type C", you are exposed on the left and right sides of your Life Blocks, but with a very strong top defense.
2d. With "Type D", you are exposed on the left and right sides of your Life Blocks, but with a strong top and bottom defense.
3. To choose which defense type you want, tap on it twice.
NOTE: Once you select a defense can NOT go back and change it until after the game.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. Different patterns of blocks will be on the upper half of the lower screen.
2. Using the paddle to bounce the ball, you must break enough blocks to send the ball through the tunnel.
3. The tunnel is located at the top of each level.
4. Move the paddle left and right by dragging it with the stylus.
5. Activating your power-ups...
5a. Power-ups are made available in the order they were chosen (i.e. Slow/Fast, then Catch/Mirror, then Split/5 Way, etc.).
5b. When a power-up becomes available, the "Power-up" signs along the left and right borders of the lower screen turn green.
5c. In order to see which power-up is currently available, look along the bottom of the upper screen.
5d. If a power-up is available (Slow/Fast first) and is not activated, the next power-up becomes available to replace of the previous one.
5e. If you're ready to activate a power-up, tap on one of the green "Power-up" signs on the left or right side of the lower screen.
5f. If the power-up level reaches the sixth option (Laser/Bomb), it will stay there until it is activated, while building up the chart for which power-up will be available next.
1. Before the game starts, a radar display will appear on the upper screen. It will display yourself, other players, and projectiles.
2. Your display on the lower screen will be reflected in the upper screen with green corners. It will be a 2x2 grid on the upper screen.
3. To move around, you will use the stylus for short movements and the direction pad to move to a different 2x2 grid on the upper screen.
4. You must prevent any of the random projectiles from coming in contact with your Life Blocks.
What To Look For
1. Purple blocks become maroon blocks.
2. Maroon blocks become golden blocks.
3. Golden blocks become silver blocks.
4. Silver blocks get destroyed.
5. Aqua blue blocks get destroyed and the ball will keep going.
4. Dark gray blocks can not be destroyed.
5. Some blocks are half dark gray & half silver. They are only destroyed if the ball hits the silver half of the block.
4. Switches (dark green) unlock areas by removing some dark gray blocks.
5. Some switches will disappear after they've been hit.
5. Some switches will stay on the board and can be unswitched if hit a second time.
4. Water will slow a ball down while it is going through it. The ball will speed up again once it is no longer in the water.
5. Magnets' (half gray, half red) red halves will repel a ball even before it comes in contact with the ball.
1. On the upper screen, characters will be a small dot inside a circle. Your character will be blue.
2. The ball projectiles will be larger dots without circles.
3. Ceratin Bonuses (different colors on the upper screen) such as Life Balls help you when they hit your shields.
Overall Goals - Quest Mode Only
2. Complete each level by sending the ball through the exit.
3. Defeat the bosses of all 12 levels
4. Try not to lose the ball and/or require a continue.
1. Don't let any of the projectiles come in contact with your Life Blocks.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Break 'Em All profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.