GameStop (Solon, Ohio)'s -- March 27, 2011
Pokemon Black/White Tournament
On March 27, 2011, at GameStop in Solon, Ohio, DSSingleCard.com will be hosting a FREE Pokemon Tournament at 12:00pm (noon).
So, how will the tournament be set up?
Question #1: WHO can participate?
Answer: Anyone can participate in the Pokemon Black/White Tournament.
Question #2: WHAT do players need to bring?
Answer: All players will need the following...
- A Nintendo DS system (DS or DS Lite or DSi or DSi XL or 3DS)
- The Nintendo DS system must be FULLY CHARGED: wireless play uses a lot of battery life
- A legitimate copy of either Pokemon Black or Pokemon White; the game must be the U.S. version; R4s and cloned cartidges will NOT be allowed
- It is FREE to play in this tournament, and players of ALL AGES are welcome (reading skill is required).
Question #3: WHEN does the tournament take place?
Answer: The tournament will take place on March 27, 2011 at 12:00pm (noon).
Question #4: WHERE does the tournament take place?
Address: GameStop Solon, 6130 Kruse Drive, Solon, Ohio, 44139
Also In The Shopping Strip: Mitchell's Ice Cream, Rinaldi Jewelry, Audio Visions, Panera Bread
Question #5: HOW many divisions are there? (UPDATE)
Instead of two divisions, there will now be only one division for this event: the all-ages (including children) Trainer Division. The other division (Elite) will have a
separate tournament, so that players can play in both.
Question #6: WHAT are the rules?
- What you need: any charged Nintendo DS system and a legitimate U.S. Pokemon (Black or White) game
- How it will work: Only new Pokemon from Black and White are allowed (Unova #000-#155 / National #494-#649
- How it will work: Pokemon of all levels will be set to Level 50 for the tournament (and returned to normal afterwords)
- Banned Pokemon: Genesect (U#155), Keldeo (U#153), Meloetta (U#154)
- Restrictions A: A participant can have only 1 of each Pokemon (by Pokedex number).
- Restrictions B: A trainer's 6 Pokemon cannot include more than 2 from this list... Cobalion (U#144), Kyurem (U#152), Landorus (U#151), Reshiram (U#149), Terrakion (U#145), Tornadus (U#147), Virizion (U#146), Thundurus (U#148), Zekrom (U#150)
- Rules: Reveal 6 Pokemon to your opponent, then secretly choose 4 of them to battle with (2 on 2).
- Rules: Any move not listed in Nintendo's official 2011 Pokedex as a learned, taught, egg, or TM/HM move for a Pokemon is illegal.
- Rules: Any illegitimate Pokemon are banned, including those received in trade; if you are unsure, ask in the 20 minutes before start time.
- Other: If you place in the top of each qualifying round, you advance to the finals.
- Other: The game must be the actual game chip; hacks and illegal copies of games are banned.
- Other: This is NOT a Pokemon USA sponsored event.
Question #7: Do you have any QUESTIONS about how the tournament will be run?
Answer: If you have any rules questions regarding this tournament, send an e-mail to the current e-mail address... tempalpha @ dssinglecard.com
For more inforamtion on GameStop:
Click here to be redirected to GameStop.com.
DSSingleCard.com is an independently owned and run website. It is owned and run by a fan of the system and the feature. It is not a corporate site
and does not have the financial backing of the larger sites. The site is progammed by hand and, as such, is simple and
informative, quick-loading, and (for the time being) ad-free. The site is intended to
be supplementary to the larger, corporate sites - filling in the information on the Single-Card Download features that the larger
sites don't address. For more information, please contact the website.
- For a complete list of upcoming events, CLICK HERE.
- For a complete list of completed events, CLICK HERE.
- For information on how to book a live event, CLICK HERE.
- For general information on these live events, CLICK HERE.
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com List Of Upcoming Live Events page.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.