1. With the power off, the host loads the game cartridge into their Nintendo DS system.
2. The host powers their system on, then taps on the "Warning" screen and then on the graphic for the game.
3. Tap the lower screen when the "Touch To Start" message appears.
1. Tap "Cooking Game" (the right half of the lower screen) twice.
2. Tap "DS Download Play" (the middle option) twice.
3. Tap the difficulty you want to play at twice (if the difficulty you want to play at is already highlighted white, you only need to tap it once).
4. The guest(s) will power on their Nintendo DS system.
5. The guest(s) tap on the "Warning" screen and then on the "DS Download Play" button.
6. When the graphic bar appears saying "Ratatouille", the guests tap on it.
7. The guests' DS systems will ask "Would you like to download this software? Tap "Yes".
8. When the host's DS says that all guests trying to connect are connected, the host presses the "A" button.
1. To select which chef you will play as, touch the star that appears on the lower screen and throw it at a chef on the upper screen.
2. Each chef can only be selected by one player.
3. You do not prepare different recipes by selecting different chefs.
Game Controls / How To Play
1. The cooking is split into three phases.
2. In phase one, you prepare the ingredients.
2a. To prepare the ingredients, you will cut, slice, and chop.
2b. Whenever you see a line (straight or otherwise) with dots at either end, trace the line once with the stylus.
2c. Whenever you see a line (straight or otherwise) with arrows at either end, trace the line back and forth with the stylus.
2d. Whenever you see a single white circle, tap it.
2e. Whenever you see a large white circle with smaller circles (concentric circles), tap the center until those white circles are gone.
2f. If time runs out before you finish preparing an ingredient, you'll have to begin that ingredient again after the other ingredients are prepared.
3. In phase two, you cook the recipes.
3a. You will always be working on three recipes at one time (you'll have up to six to complete, depending on the difficulty level).
3b. Your view will start out on the recipe on the left.
3c. On the left side of the screen, there will be ingredients that need to be dropped into the recipe (the order doesn't matter).
3d. When all of those ingredients have been added to the recipe, there will only be question marks remaining (they'll become ingredients later).
3e. Along the top edge of the screen, there will be arrows...
3e1. When you are looking at the recipe on the left, two arrows will be in the top right corner (pointing to the right).
3e2. When you are looking at the recipe in the middle, there will be one arrow in each of the top corners (one pointing each direction).
3e3. When you are looking at the recipe on the right, two arrows will be in the top left corner (pointing to the left).
3e4. There will always be one arrow in the top center of the screen pointing down.
3e5. The three arrows along the top edge of the screen will represent the three recipes (in order).
3e6. When an arrow turns green, that recipe needs immediate attention (to add ingredients or to be removed from the fire).
3e7. When an arrow turns red, a recipe is too hot. Blow into the microphone to attempt to cool it down.
3e8. When an arrow turns black, the recipe must be trashed and you must start that recipe over again.
3e9. To switch to a recipe, tap on its arrow.
3f. When the last ingredient is added to a recipe, there will be no question marks left.
3g. If you wan a recipe to cook faster, stir the pot/skillet evenly. All recipes will cook faster when stirred evenly.
3h. When a recipe is done, a bell will appear in front of it near the bottom left corner. To remove the recipe, tap the bell to ring it.
4. In phase three, you'll garnish the recipes.
4a. The recipes will be presented to you on plates one at a time.
4b. Whenever you see a line (straight or otherwise) with dots at either end, trace the line once with the stylus.
4c. Whenever you see a single white circle, tap it.
4d. If time runs out before you finish garnishing a recipe, you'll have to begin garnishing that recipe again after the other recipes are garnished.
5. Stars will occasionally pop up on the screen. Tap them, drag them, and "throw them" at at opposing chef's picture to send the anbgre head chef after them.
5a. The head chef, Skinner, is always angry. When he is sent after one of his chefs, he'll yell at them for several seconds.
5b. When Skinner is yelling at you, you cannot do anything and are slowed down. Be careful not to send a star at your own picture.
What To Look For
1. If a line or circle turns red when you trace it or tap it, you'll have to try again.
2. In phase two, the ingredients will be along the left edge of the lower screen.
2. Be the fastest to cook the recipes.
3. Increase your speed by increasing your accuracy.
Other information available:
If you'd like to contact this website:
to return to the DSSingleCard.com Ratatouille profile.
to return to the DSSingleCard.com main page.